By Chris Lehman
Another week of Fantasy Football is rolling around. Is your lineup set? Excluding the obvious must-starts, here’s who I like:
- Tim Tebow – On paper, this is a matchup nightmare. You have Tebow, completing under 50% of his passes going against the Jets who have the 2nd ranked pass defense. Here’s the kicker, Tebow doesn’t win games based off his passing, as shown last week when he completed a measly two passes and still won the game. I’m not saying Tebow will win the game, because the Jets are much better. But if it’s close in the 4th quarter, expect a clutch performance out of the kid which will lead to a solid fantasy game.
- Christian Ponder – I’ve seen enough out of him to know that he’s got it. His performance last week was the most impressive performance I’ve seen out of a quarterback on the losing end up a blowout loss. He showed great mobility, and flashes of pinpoint accuracy. Look for him to have a good game against the Raiders.
Runningback (Being a Saints fan, these next two picks hurt)
- Reggie Bush – Ever since taking over as the starter when Thomas went down, Bush has finally lived up to expectations. Yet, he’s still only starting in 62% of ESPN fantasy leagues. He faces an extremely soft Buffalo defense. Expect a high scoring game. Get him in your lineup.
- Marshawn Lynch – I can’t believe I’m doing this. Lynch has scored 5 TDs in his last 6 games. He is only starting in 45% of ESPN fantasy leagues. He will score at least one touchdown on Sunday against the Rams, at least. Expect to see the Lynch we saw in the wildcard round of the playoffs last year. Too bad Darren Sharper doesn’t play for the Rams.
- Kendall Hunter – With Gore nicked up, Hunter should steal into his carries a decent amount, especially with the comfortable position the Niners are in.
- Jackie Battle – He’s definitely getting the carries. That’s all you can ask for out of a fantasy flex play. What he does with them is another story.
- Laurent Robinson – With Austin out, Robinson has flourished. The Cowboys offense has been hot and cold, but over the last three weeks, Romo has found a way to hook up with Robinson. I don’t see a change.
- Plaxico Burress – Champ Bailey will guard Santonio Holmes, leaving Plax to go wild against this weak Broncos Secondary. He averages a touchdown every 8 or so catches on his career. Look for him to deliver this week.
- Denarius Moore – There’s no question as to where California Carson is going to throw it. With Run-DMC sidelined, and the Vikings possessing the second-to-last ranked pass defense, Moore should explode for another huge game.
- David Nelson – He is quietly having a solid year. He won’t get you anything spectacular, but week after week he produces.
- Aaron Hernandez – You can bet your bottom dollar that the Chiefs are going to focus their defense towards keeping Gronkowski out of the end zone. This will leave Hernandez to shine under the Monday night lights.
- Jake Ballard – Don’t sleep on this guy, Eli sure seems to like him and Eli has been on fire.